Tuesday, June 2, 2015

New York "Chic" Style

Being obsessed with fashion and living in San Antonio, Texas are not the two best qualities to contend with. However, when I do catch myself on my "fashion grind", I notice I get quite a number of looks. Not in a judgmental way (which I tend to achieve sometimes as well), I am talking the "wow I love her outfit" stares. This occurs because I dress like a true Manhattan citizen.

I find myself drawn to clothes resembling the City that Never Sleeps. The style is elegant and chic, yet different and slightly edgy. Those words describe the fashion I love. The desire to be elegant and live in New York City is runs through my mind every time I get dressed. So for now I focus on what Armani once said:

"Elegance is not about being noticed, it's about being remembered." - Giorgio Armani

Dressing chic in a city with little to no fashion world is pretty difficult and so is finding inspiration for outfits. Majority of the time, I find myself resorting to Vogue or other magazines. These magazines tend to acquire the New York City Flare I desire.

My outfit today perfectly embodies everything I desire through a life lived in fashion. Chic and edgy, but still sophisticated, yet drawing in the hint of New York Street Style.


My pinstriped top is one I luckily found yesterday at the ever so fashionable Zara. It is pretty unique because it is a little shorter than most blouses, making it a crop top, but with a unique cut. My jeans are high rise skinny pants from the brand STS Blue, which are unbelievably comfortable. The shoes I wore are cobalt pumps from Steve Madden. To add a pop of color besides just blue, I paired a pink / coral necklace and some super cute sunglasses from a boutique style store called Francesca's.

Here is what it looks like on:
I hope you find inspiration through this to not be worried to stand out and exhibit your personal style while still feeling chic and fashion forward.

xoxo
Kenzie Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment