Friday, May 29, 2015

Dark Lips, Pale Face, Breathin' in Sun Rays?

Fashion is all about standing out and putting yourself out there to show off who you are. There are multiple trends today on social media, like Pinterest, which we so desperately want to try out, but are too afraid to do so. Two of which, I got the nerve to give a shot and I LOVE the result. My look today combines a dark lip with the ever so famous half bun. 


A dark lip can be quite the statement, so a hasty tip about them is to never pair dramatic eye make up with a statement lip (unless it's an evening event). It draws way too much attention to many different areas of your face instead of enhancing your beauty, which tends to look like you are wearing too much make up. So today, my makeup is just my normal face routine of foundation and concealer, a light pink blush. My eyes have on just mascara and on my lips is Kat Von D's lipstick in the shade called Vampira.

The half up/ half down top knot I am strutting is a hairstyle which I have seen countless times in magazines and on the runway, but I have been way too frightened to try it. Today, I sort said "what do I have to loose" and tried it out. I am filled with excitement with how it looks. Once again, it is an "uncommon hairstyle", so you don't want to wear clothes of extravagant fashion. 

As you can spot, I paired some loose fit navy shorts with a regular long sleeve red and navy striped shirt. Also, I paired nude patent leather flats and a simple gold necklace. 
This outfit pulls together nicely because I put a simple outfit with two bold trends!

Like I said before, trends can be quite scary to give a shot, but you have nothing to loose! So try out those trends and do not be afraid of looking different from everyone else. Remember, fashion is not always what everyone is used to seeing.

I hope this article helped you out and pushes you to go outside the box with trends you have a burning desire to try out.

Until next time,

XOXO
Kenzie Rae 



No comments:

Post a Comment