Monday, July 13, 2015

Dressing Up Frump & My Day

Frump: one word which typically sounds so negative. However, today, I had to turn this negative into a positive.

I am in Washington DC for a whole week studying journalism and media with roughly 300 people and today we had to wear matching t shirts. Not only do I dislike having to wear t shirts to nice places like museums and such, but I accidentally got a medium. If you know me, you know I am tiny, so it swallowed me like a dress. So, of course, I got creative.


Standard shirts are awful if you are trying to look in any way feminine. So, what I did to help slim my body down was wear skinny jeans. Since your torso is tented in a t shirt, tapered pants help slim your other half down.


A creative way to slim your shoulders is a simple cardigan. These tend to squish the boxy sleeve down, so you don't look like a male football player.

I paired my favorite Steve Madden sandals with the outfit because there was a lot of walking, but those shoes are so comfortable, so it worked out perfectly! To top it off (which is ironic) I did the usual half bun because I was in such a hurry this morning.  Lastly, I carried my adorable tote from Target around because it holds everything I need, which is A LOT.
it actually go to this point...

Besides what I wore, the day itself was pretty eventful. It started with a 6:25am breakfast and I will probably get to sleep around 12am. So pretty long.

We started off the day exploring the Newseum and it never ceases to amaze me the impact that place has on me. Journalists go through so much just to practice the freedom of press/speech and to get the truth out to people. It never dawned on me until today how many people actually sacrifice their lives for truth.

Also, we got to hear a former White House press woman and a reporter from the New York Times. To complete the day, we visited the World War memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, and the MLK & FDR memorials.

Today was filled with a lot of activities, and I cannot wait to see what else happens.




XOXO
Kenzie Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment